Special care has to be given to both your new dentures as well as to your mouth.
1. Dentures need to be brushed at least once a day, preferably at night.
2. Use toothpaste and a normal toothbrush to brush your dentures.
3. Both sides of the denture must be brushed as well as the denture teeth.
4. Brush it over a basin of water. ( If it falls into the water, it won’t break!)
5. Once a week, put it into a glass of sterident for about 15 minutes.
6. Even if you do not have any teeth left in your mouth, the areas where the dentures fit into your mouth must also be brushed.
7. Pay special attention to those teeth against which the denture rests.
The denture cannot make your teeth rotten!! Your not taking care of your teeth results in cavities.
If your dentures hurt you, please contact us. Your treatment is only complete once you are completely happy and we will try our utmost to get the best results for you.
Also, dentures are not only subjected to wear but your mouth changes as time goes on. Therefore your dentures should be changed every 3 to 5 years.
Remember to visit every 6 months for your routine checkup.